3005 aluminum alloy (Al-Mg) is approximately 20% higher strength than alloy 3003 with superior corrosion resistance. 3000 series aluminum coil is also called anti-rust aluminum. Manganese is added to 3005, contenting 1.0% -1.5%, so it has a better anti-rust function and is widely used. But the price is much higher than the 1000 series.
1. Excellent Corrosion Resistance. 3005 aluminum coil can resist corrosion from the atmosphere, freshwater, seawater, food, organic acid, gasoline, neutral inorganic solution and so on.
2. Good Formability. 3005 aluminum coil can exhibit excellent formability and weldability under normal temperature conditions.
3. High Plasticity. In annealing temper, 3005 aluminum coil has high plasticity. In the case of semi-cold quenching, plasticity is good, while in the process of cold quenching, plasticity is the lowest.
4. Good Anodizing Property. 3005 aluminum coil can be easily anodized, and the surface after anodizing is more conducive to color coating and other treatment in the later stage.
5. Mechanical Properties. The tensile strength of 3005 aluminum sheet is 140-180 MPa, and the yield strength is 0.2 (MPa) ≥115.
product name: 3005 aluminum coil
Application and After-Sales Service:
Typical applications for 3005:
3005 aluminum coil is often applied for the moist conditions such as air conditioner, refrigerator, bottom of cars, etc. It is also commonly used for building materials or color coated aluminum. It can be processed for some component parts which need good formability, high corrosion resistance and good weldability, or some applications require these properties must higher than 1 series aluminum, such as kitchenware, processing and storage devices of food and chemical products, tank or vessel which transports liquid products and various pressure artifacts, heat sink, make-up plate, photocopier roller, and marine usage.
If you have any questions about aluminum coil, please feel free to contact us.
Tel & Whatsapp: +86 18838255932